Benefits of Preventative Maintenance In Consumer, Manufacturing and Business Organizations
Consumers, manufactures and business organizations all look for ways in which they can save both time and money without taking away from the derived value. One way these groups accomplish this is by putting in place a variety of preventative maintenance programs. There are several methods used to put these programs in place.
A prime example of a preventative maintenance method consumers use is the replacement and testing of household fire alarms twice a year when the time changes. This example is a very basic use of where preventative maintenance is employed with the consumer group. Manufactures use preventative maintenance to maintain large industrial equipment. When a break down occurs it costs the company money and time for repairs.
Maintenance helps prevent these occurrences. Electrical equipment wear items include bus plugs, fuses, disconnects, starters and a variety of additional components. In a business organization preventative maintenance occurs in a variety of ways as well such as computer maintenance, routinely replacing ink in printers as well as such basic tasks as regular light bulb replacements. Depending on your organization your routine list will vary but the main goal will remain the same; to safeguard against future equipment damage resulting in downtime as well as costly repairs that occur with improper care.
Lasting Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
1) Most preventative maintenance programs run at constituent time intervals. This lessens the costs associated with downtime. A sudden breakdown of equipment during peak production times is incredibly costly to manufactures and organizations alike. This turns into higher consumer costs or loss of profit; both are undesirable and can be prevented with routine maintenance procedures in place.
2) Efficiency increases in both equipment and personnel with preventative maintenance programs running which in turn increase profitability.
3) Workers keep detailed records and documentation on equipment, replaced components, corrosion and areas of concern. This allows accurate estimations of when an incident will occur so that it can be resolved before a complete failure is eminent.
4) There is an increase in productivity and profitability with a decrease in expenses occurred with downtime, system shut down and emergency service repairs.
5) Preventative maintenance program software is created to be monitored allowing assurance that machines are being taken care of properly and at the correct time. Errors in maintenance are caught and resolved immediately.
There is a myth that preventive maintenance is expensive to employ and monitor. This is far from reality. Using logical calculations we are able to prove that these maintenance techniques are not only beneficial long term but more cost effective then maintenance preformed during equipment failure.
J&P Electrical is a full service electrical equipment company. At J&P, we supply contractors, end users and supply houses with new surplus, quality reconditioned and obsolete electrical equipment. Contact us today at https://jpelectricalcompany.com for all of your bus plug, circuit breaker, switchboard, fuses, disconnects and more.